Ludus Dance is passionate about offering a unique and accessible experience.
Our experienced dance development team works with you to develop and deliver high quality bespoke dance projects. We are proud to work as a development group with Curious Minds in their ‘bridge organisation’ role which connects young people with great art and culture across the North West.
Across Lancaster, Lancashire, the North West and beyond, we provide new experiences and ideas through training to support dance teachers and those responsible for delivering dance in schools. We are flexible and adaptable to your needs running anything from a series of workshops to a one-off project to create a performance piece.
From care homes to detention centres and youth clubs to community centres, working across the generations and with people with special needs and disabilities, we work in collaboration to help improve health and well-being, whilst promoting positive change and self-expression.
What we've achieved:
- a partnership project in Lancaster which provided young men in prison with dance and choreography skills and enabled some of them to achieve the Bronze Arts Award
- the Preston Primaries project – we provided INSET training facilitating the introduction of creative dance work, and offered an inclusive transition to high school activity which culminated in a performance at Moor Park High School by their six feeder primary schools
- an intergenerational dance project with partners in Wigan on the theme of technology and communication creating sustainable social engagement in the community through the arts
- a physical activity programme for over 70s at a local care home creating fun, inclusive dance sessions to unite residents and encourage benefits of physical exercise.
What people have said:
- Rossendale Dance and Drama Centre, "You can become isolated and not reach out to things on offer to you. It's definitely good to get different people coming in and different ideas are what we need.”
- "I love that all the new skills can be applied with different styles of dance – making my practice more varied and versatile.” participant of Step Ahead course exploring Ludus Dance methodology for dance in education and inclusive community dance practice.
Contact Us Now
To discuss how we can help you call