Aims and Objectives of the Dance Development Dept.
- To initiate, develop and sustain an enduring infrastructure for dance in Lancashire, thereby assisting in the establishment of the North west as a major force in the development of dance on a national level.
- To develop and deliver ground breaking performance and educational based work in community and educational settings and provide dance activity within the community with people of all ages, backgrounds, cultures and genders.
- Aim to provide 'models of excellence' in the field of community dance and continue to research and investigate progressive, new and effective ways of working with and delivering dance.
- To support and advocate the significance of work with young people, the older person and disadvantaged people.
- To provide classes and workshops which promote good working practise.
- To continue to debate, discuss and review the role of community dance within society and in relation to the ethos and methodology of the department.