Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enrol or book?
Online: at www.ludusdance.org, using credit or debit cards
In person: At our Dance Studio, King Street Lancaster via, cheque, cash, or cards
Phone: By calling us on 01524 35936 with your credit or debit card details.
Are there any dance exams?
No, here at Ludus Dance we are not like a traditional dance school! We focus on having fun, meeting new people and getting fit. So don't be nervous come and give us a try!
Do I need to have any dance experience?
No not at all, just pop along, all of our classes are for mixed ability except for Professional Class or where stated.
How do I get the maximum discount?
By enrolling online, you will always receive the maximum discount on all of our Lancaster dance centre classes.
Early Bird Web Discount *
Towards the end of each dance term, we will offer an internet discount for the following consequtive dance term. This Early Bird Web Discount will only be available for the publicised times and dates (stated in the classes brochure, and the Ludus Dance reception). However, only a certain percentage of each dance class will be available at the Early Bird Web Discount price and we only accept enrolments for the entire term online. Once this percentage has been reached, or the 'early bird offer' has concluded the price displayed will revert back to the regular 'term price'. For further terms and conditions with regards to the Early Bird Web Discount scroll to the bottom of this page.
Is buying Online Secure?
Yes! We take every effort to ensure that your card details are kept secure and safe. All online credit card transactions take place over a secure server indicated by a padlock or key in your web browser. Free advice on staying safe on-line can be found at http://www.getsafeonline.org/
Help! I don't see a padlock or a secure key!
Don't worry! Just before you are ready to enter your credit card details you will automatically be taken to a secure site hosted by Protx. On this secure page you can enter your credit card details in confidence before you are returned back to the Ludus web site.
What if I have a problem enrolling online?
Please give us a call on 01524 35936 or email support
Can I pay over the phone?
Yes of course, but we only accept credit or debit card transactions over £8. Please call 01524 35936 with your card details to hand. Please note the 'sale' prices are only available through our web site.
Can I pay by cheque?
Yes, you can but please ring us so we can reserve your place on the register. If we don't receive your cheque within 3 working days - your name will be removed from the register.
Please make your cheque payable to Ludus Dance, and send the cheque to Julie Murphy, Ludus Dance, Assembly Rooms, King Street, Lancaster. LA1 1RE.
Can I reserve a place?
Yes, but your name will only be kept on the register for 3 days. If you have not secured this reservation with monies within the 3 days your name will be removed from the register. Please note if the class sells out priority will be given to those people who have paid and you could loose your place.
Can I pay weekly?
Yes you can – but this does not secure your booking unless you pay a week in advance. Priority will be given to those who have paid for the term, or a week in advance.
Why are there two prices displayed against some dance classes?
These show the full (adult) price to begin with followed by the concession price.
Am I eligible for the Concession Price?
Concessions are available for students, registered unemployed, those on income support, registered disabled people and people over 60/65. Proof may be asked for at your first dance class with us.
What is the Limit on Numbers?
For safety purposes and to ensure that you benefit from the highest quality of dance tuition, most adult dance classes are limited to 25 participants. Exceptions are for some children and toddler (mini movers) sessions.
Do I have to attend every Ludus dance class?
No but it is advisable to do so
What do I need to wear to my Ludus dance class?
Anything you feel comfortable in which doesn't restrict your movement, i.e. tracksuit bottoms and a loose top. Bare feet are ideal for working on the dance floor. For Street Dance and Sole Traders we would recommend trainers, whilst for Tap, Tap Shoes are advisable.
Where are you based?
We are based at The Assembly Rooms, on King Street, Lancaster and the entrance is just before the wine bar, Crows, on your way into town. For a map click here.
What if I can't make a session?
Unfortunately, you will loose your money – and we cannot transfer your payment to another week if you fail to turn up.
What if I've paid for the whole term but find the dance class is not right for me?
In this instance your money is transferable to another dance class if there are places available.
Can I get a refund?
We do not operate a refund system. extraordinary circumstances may warrant consideration - these are referred to the Head of Finance or to the Head of Dance Development.
Health and Safety Tips
Exercise is fun and good for you. However, if it's been a while since you did any, we advise a routine check up with your doctor before embarking on one of our courses. This also applies to anyone who has recently received medical attention.
All dance tutors for children's classes hold a current CRB disclosure.
Terms and Conditions of the Early Bird Web Discount
- The Early Bird web discount was previously entitled the '20% Internet Discount' or 'Web Discount'
- The Early Bird prices are only available on-line at www.ludusdance.org and are not available over the phone, 'in person' or over the counter.
- The Early Bird prices are only available for a limited period.
- The start and end dates of the Early Bird web discount will clearly be displayed within the Dance Centre and in our Dance Centre brochure. Once this period has concluded the Early Bird offer will no longer apply.
- Only a certain percentage of each dance class is available at the Early Bird price. After these have been sold the price reverts back to the 'in person' price.
- The Early Bird prices only refer to the regular term dance classes being held at the Ludus Dance Centre, King Street, Lancaster.
- The Early Bird prices do not refer to any Super Sundays, Summer School or 'one off' work shop events that may be held at the Dance Centre.
- In the event of any dispute Ludus Dance's decision is final.
- Ludus Dance will make every effort to ensure (technically) that our web site is operational during the Early Bird offer. However, we cannot be held responsible for technical issues outside our control.
- Orders placed by you on our website are subject to acceptance by us.
- Once you have placed your order you'll receive an email acknowledgement from us. This is not acceptance of your order.
- Your order represents an offer to purchase. Acceptance of your order will take place when we email you confirmation that you have been added to the register.
- We may reject your offer to purchase for any reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel an order in the rare occurrence that we suspect any fraud or abuse
- All E&OE